To protect and handle personal information in an appropriate way, GS Yuasa Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter "the Company") implement the following measures.
- The Company establishes rules on handling personal information（including Individual Number and Specific Personal Information ; the same shall apply hereinafter）, appoints a person to be in charge of protecting personal information, and strives to ensure that such information is appropriately managed and protected.
- When collecting personal information, the Company clarifies the uses to which it will be put, informs or discloses those uses to the relevant party, and handles the information in accordance with those uses.
- The Company does not offer or disclose personal information to third parties except in cases where the relevant person has consented to disclosure, the Company outsources work, the Company is compelled by law, or another just reason exists.
- The Company takes necessary measures, both technological and organizational, to ensure that personal information held by the Company or deposited with the Company is not vulnerable to unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage.
- The Company has established a contact point at GS Yuasa Corporation where individuals can access, correct, delete, or stop the use of their personal information. The Company responds in good faith to all such requests.
- All people engaged in the Company's business are given periodic training and are exposed to awareness campaigns that emphasize the importance and responsibility of protecting personal information.
- The Company observes all laws, guidelines and standards related to protecting personal information and strives to continually improve its protection measures.
Use of personal information
1. Purpose of use of personal information
The Company may use the personal information it obtains for the following purposes:
- a. Personal information concerning customers
- To provide information and suggestions regarding products and services handled by the Group, and to supply and maintain said products and services.
- To provide information about promotional campaigns, trade fairs, etc.
- To provide and/or send out catalogs, materials, samples, etc.
- To respond to customer inquiries
- b. Personal information concerning shareholders
- To exercise our rights and fulfill any obligations under laws and regulations
- To implement measures contributing to enhanced relationships between shareholders and the Company, and to deepen shareholders’ understanding of the Company’s business
- To prepare data in accordance with standards prescribed under laws and regulations including data aggregation and statistical processing
2. Information sharing
Personal information obtained by the Company (including names, addresses, places of work, inquiry details, and product and service information) may be shared within the Company, agents, and distributors within the scope of the purposes described in “1.” above. The Company shall be responsible for the management of such personal information.
Please use the email form to send inquiries concerning the disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, or suspension of use of personal information held by the Company.
GS Yuasa Corporation <inquiries>
- - Inquiries must be made by the individual concerned or an authorized representative. We may ask you to submit documents verifying that you are the individual concerned or an authorized representative.
- - Please note that depending on the nature of your inquiry, it may be forwarded to a relevant department.