GS Yuasa Battery Relaunches ECO.R ENJ Series
- EN Standard batteries for Japanese vehicles-
GS Yuasa Battery Ltd. (president: Masahiro Shibutani; headquarters: Sumida-ku Tokyo; “GS Yuasa Battery”) relaunched the ECO.R ENJ series batteries, automotive lead-acid batteries compliant with the EN Standard*1, established as the standards of Battery Association of Japan (SBA).
In recent years, the number of Japanese vehicles fitted with EN Standard batteries has been increasing reflecting new vehicle manufacturers’ global procurement concept. Against this background, the ECO.R ENJ series developed by GS Yuasa is EN Standard compliant and made to Japanese standards, is adapted to the climate and natural features of Japan and satisfies JIS safety standards. The relaunched ECO.R ENJ series can be used not only as auxiliary batteries for hybrid vehicles but also for starting the engine and its lineup has been significantly expanded. The series is introduced in the replacement battery market with an eye on the growing demand for replacement batteries in the future.
GS Yuasa will continue to leverage its technological strength to respond to the expectations and demands for automotive batteries, which is changing with the times.
*1 Abbreviation of European Norm.
Standards set for Europe’s cold weather. Since there is more focus on the relative merits of Cold Cranking Ampere (CCA)*2 in the performance of lead-acid batteries, there is a need to optimize it for use in Japan, where it is warmer and more humid.
*2 Measurement showing the starting performance in low temperature
[Features of ECO.R ENJ series]
1. Dangerous liquid shortage risk reduced by ensuring sufficient volume of electrolyte solution between the upper level and lower level of the solution.
2. Has a vent plug for water replacement when water level is reduced from hard use.
3. Superior maintenance-free performance enabled by the patented double lid structure (patent number 4715089).
4. They can be used as both auxiliary batteries for hybrid vehicles and engine-start batteries for regular vehicles.*3
5. It employs a central degassing structure and therefore can be used in vehicles in which batteries are installed in the cabin or in the engine compartment.
6. A full lineup from LN0 to LN5 is available given the increasing adoption by Japanese vehicles.
*3 The series cannot be used for start & stop vehicles.
24 months or cumulative driving distance of 40,000 km (whichever comes earlier after the purchase)
20,000 units (per year)
[Model list and manufacturer suggested price]
|Model||ECO.R ENJ series compatible car models||Manufacturer suggested price|
|ENJ-340LN0||Sienta HV, Vitz HV
Aqua (vehicles following minor model changes in June 2017)
|ENJ-355LN1||PRIUS (W50), PRIUS PHV (W52), C-HR HV
|ENJ-375LN2||NOAH HV, VOXY HV, Esquire HV
ALPHARD HV (H30), VELLFIRE HV (H30)
C-HR gasoline-engine model, Lexus NX HV, Lexus RX HV (L20)
CAMRY HV (H70), NOTE e-Power
|ENJ-380LN3||Lexus LC HV, X-TRAIL HV||Open|
|ENJ-390LN4||Lexus LC gasoline-engine model, HILUX (N125)||Open|
|ENJ-400LN5||Lexus LS HV (F50)||Open|
You can scroll horizontally.